Monday 10 September 2012

Our Team's First Blog


Hello everybody…well not exactly the best way to open up a blog but I guess the situation demands a motive and explanation to “why a blog?” apart from the “to do” task list of green campus challenge, and here it is.

Let me start from the very beginning, the day when my roommate came in a hyper excited stage, kicking through the doors declaring “dude, I am the college co-ordinator of green campus challenge for IIT BOMBAY Techfest. Our team is in and you are doing the blog task.”
My first response was like “yeah cool”, and then I was like “blog task?” I mean isn’t it amazing that when it comes to doing things attached to big names just brings the most enthusiastic kid in you, but nobody quite realizes the smaller aspects of “the goal of task”.
Confused?  Well let me put it this way; every person who was in college or is in college LOVES his/her campus. Take my college for example, when you enter the campus from the hustling, cramped streets of Varanasi, you feel like entering into heaven. You just get the feeling of how good the campus is, we love the taste of a “samosa with tea” in canteen hangout place by the college garden, we definitely love idea of meeting our college “someone special” under the shady tree by the department. We just love the big and flashy things in the picture but did any one of us ever ask why we love the food and meetings? Let me answer it for you, well to be honest, NO.
Just wonder would you really love entering your campus if it was anything like your city streets, would your “meetings” be anything special if it wasn’t for that tree or that nearby bush providing those pretty flowers for you. Imagine having samosa and tea by the dirty gutters or busy roads.
Well if you haven’t got my point then let me tell you straight, you are missing the “green things” out of your picture my dear friends. If it wasn’t for the lovely trees or the clean spaces, life’s most important years in college would be just the same thing with different places. And sadly, our campuses are losing the aura. Honestly I see my campus and compare it with the stories given by my alumni; I know I am missing something good. I know change is required and someone have to start it.
I would really like to thank IIT BOMBAY techfest for giving us an opportunity, maybe an excuse to think little differently from others. And if anyone of you still didn’t understand “WHY” then I don’t know how you will, for others, you can call our team just a bunch of average green guys who like to look at the “smaller things in the picture”.
Thelo chloros
  Your Average Green guy

No comments:

Post a Comment